The Center for Environmental and Sustainable Agricultural Research (CESAR) is a non-profit organization registered in Nepal that was established in 2020 with the aim of advancing knowledge and practices in the fields of environmental sustainability and agriculture. CESAR is committed to supporting the achievement of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), particularly those related to sustainable agriculture, food security, and climate action.
To achieve this mission, CESAR conducts interdisciplinary research and innovation in key areas such as precision agriculture, sustainable irrigation, agroforestry, soil health, robotics in agriculture, and biochar, with the goal of improving crop yields, reducing the use of chemical inputs, and protecting the environment. CESAR is particularly interested in helping traditional farming communities to adopt new technologies and practices that can improve their productivity and sustainability, while also preserving their cultural traditions and knowledge.
In addition to its research activities, CESAR also offers consulting, training, and technical assistance to organizations, communities, and individuals to help them apply the latest research and technologies in their work. CESAR is committed to collaborating with a range of partners and stakeholders, including universities, research institutions, government agencies, NGOs, and the private sector, in order to maximize the impact and reach of its work.
CESAR's work is driven by a dedication to interdisciplinary collaboration for transformative insights, and a belief that by advancing knowledge and improving practices in the fields of environmental sustainability and agriculture, we can help to protect the environment, improve food production, and enhance the well-being of people around the world. Overall, CESAR is a dynamic and forward-thinking organization that is dedicated to making a positive impact in the world through its research and services in the fields of environmental sustainability and agriculture.
The mission of the Center for Environmental Sustainability and Agricultural Research (CESAR) is t o promote sustainable agriculture, protect the environment, and enhance the well-being of local communities through research, innovation, education, and partnerships.
The vision of CESAR is a world where agriculture is sustainable, resilient, and productive, and where the environment is protected and conserved, and communities thrive in harmony with nature.
- Conduct cutting-edge research and innovation in the fields of agriculture, environment, climate, water, energy, gender, and social inclusion, with a focus on sustainability and resilience.
- Provide consulting and technical assistance services to governments, non-governmental organizations, private companies, and other stakeholders, to help them implement sustainable practices and policies.
- Foster partnerships and collaborations with local, national, and international organizations, including academic institutions, research centers, NGOs, and private sectors, to leverage resources and expertise, and to amplify impact.
- Educate and raise awareness among stakeholders, including farmers, policymakers, educators, students, and the general public, about the importance of sustainable agriculture, environmental protection, and social inclusion, through training, capacity building, outreach, and advocacy.
- Promote eco-civilization as a holistic approach to development, which integrates economic, social, and environmental dimensions, and recognizes the interdependence between humans and nature.
Seasoned Influencer in Geospatial Data Analytics and Environmental Solutions
Dinesh Mani Bhandari
Mechatronics Engineer with a Passion for Remote Sensing and GIS
Researcher and Writer Committed to Sustainable Solutions
Driven Researcher and Innovative Entrepreneur Devoted to Sustainable Water Management
Dedicated Conservationist and Nature Enthusiast
Passionate Advocate for Sustainable Agriculture
Compassionate Advocate for Mental Health and Humanitarian Services